LiveingWell Health News Letter
1. COKE OR WATER 2. HERBAL
3. HEALTH SITES 4. RECIPE 5. FACTS & TIPS 6. THOUGHT OF THE DAY
Coke Or Water ?
We all know that water is important, do we know what coke is made of?
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a
University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty
focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of
breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. And now for the properties of
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from
the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then
flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap
aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and
bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for
a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your
For Your Info;
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place
cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?
Sent in by a reader.
This herb has a wide range of therapeutic applications.
Arthritis and painful joints, rheumatism, cancer, bursitis, genital herpes, herpes zoster,
allergies, systemic candidiasis, PMS and irregularities of the menstrual cycle, HIV virus,
environmental toxin poisoning, urinary tract and prostate problems.
Cat's Claw is a rain forest herb that grows in the Peruvian Amazon; it has been used by native
healers for many years especially for the digestive and immune systems. Research has been
conducted on Cat's Claw for over two decades, due to its powerful cleansing effects on the
intestinal tract. It helps to heal numerous stomach/intestinal disorders including: ulcers,
Chron's disease, diverticulitis, leaky bowel syndrome, colitis, gastritis, hemorrhoids,
fistulas, parasites, and intestinal flora imbalance.
Check out the Health Sites in the links below for more information on Herbs Vitamins, and minerals
Dedicated to alternative healing. Through body balance, health, nutrition & Fitness.
Live Well in todays world.
High quality nutritional and natural alternative, for you, your pet, or loved one.
You alone have the choice to live clean and be free of medicines. I made the choice that is all it takes.
Visit Native Remedies for Proven, Effective and 100% Safe Herbal Remedies
Native Remedies now has a new tool to not only help you or someone you love Stop Smoking, but also one to treat, control and soothe asthma symptoms and problems in yourself, a loved one, or friend! Find out more about our proven, effective and natural asthma remedies, BioVent and BronchoSoothe today!
4. RECIPE :
Tomato, Basil, and Fresh Mozzarella Salad
In this classic salad, infused vegetable broth provides the base for a basil sauce that can stand in for the
traditional pesto or vinaigrette. Blanching the basil leaves briefly in water brightens the color and intensifies
the flavor. Dress the salad just before serving to preserve the brilliant colors of the tomatoes.
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices yellow tomato (1 1/2 pounds)
12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices red tomato (1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
To prepare basil sauce, cook 1 cup basil leaves in boiling water 15 seconds; drain. Plunge basil into ice water;
drain and pat dry. Combine basil and broth in a blender; process until smooth. Let mixture stand 2 hours at
room temperature. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Add vinegar and salt, stirring with a
whisk.To prepare salad, arrange yellow and red tomato slices alternately on a large platter. Drizzle with basil
sauce; sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Top with 1/2 cup sliced basil. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3 tomato slices, about 1 tablespoon basil sauce, and 1 tablespoon cheese)
CALORIES 60 (32% from fat); FAT 2.1g (satfat 1.1g, monofat 0.6g, polyfat 0.3g); PROTEIN 3.2g;
CARBOHYDRATE 8.4g; FIBER 2g; CHOLESTEROL 6mg; IRON 1.2mg; SODIUM 369mg; CALCIUM
5. FACTS AND TIPS:
Ginger Extract Eases Knee Osteoarthritis
According to a study published in the journal Osteo Arthritis and Cartilage extract of ginger (Zingiber officinale) may ease the pain and swelling of osteoarthritis (OA). without the side effects generally associated with conventional treatments.
Coffee Elevates Homocysteine
In a study that compared the homocysteine-raising effects of caffeine pills, coffee, and a placebo, caffeine increased homocysteine by 5 percent more than the placebo, while with coffee, the increase rose to 11 percent.
Thought of the Day:
"Life gets easier with each passing day when you finsh what you started".
email@example.comWould like your comment or input.
LiveingWell health news letter Dedicated to alternative healing.
Through body balance, health, nutrition & Fitness
By Lillian Waugh.
Insuring you a healthy and vital tomorrow!
Interested in reading other issues? LiveingWell Health Newsletter's click on the link below.
Disclaimer: All information supplied is for personal information only, it should not replace
the Advice of your doctor or naturopath, always see your practitioner