LiveingWell Health News Letter

1. CALCIUM  2. HEALTH SITES 3.THOUGHT OF THE DAY

1. Calcium            

Calcium is found in several forms including calcium citrate and calcium gluconate. It is the most abundant mineral in the human body. While an average man contains about 1-1/2 kg of calcium, an average woman has about 1 kg, where 99 percent of that is in bones and teeth. The remaining 1 percent is located in the blood, lymph and other body fluids, cell membranes and structures inside cells.

Calcium participates in the metabolic functions necessary for normal activity of nervous, muscular, skeletal systems and plays an important role in normal heart function, kidney function, blood clotting, and blood-vessel integrity. Additionally, it helps to utilize vitamin B-12. It is available in both natural and synthetic sources, and some forms are only available by prescription.

How This Mineral Works in Your Body:

Note:

Almonds, Kelp, Kale, Brazil nuts, Milk, Broccoli, Pudding, Calcium-fortified Salmon, canned, Canned fish with bones, Cereal, rice, juice, Sardines, canned, Caviar, Tofu, Cheese, Turnip greens, Mustard greens, Cottage cheese, Yogurt, Figs, dried, Honeydew melon, Cauliflower, Walnuts, Peanuts, Baked beans, canned, Milk Chocolate, Soybeans, Crab meat, canned.

How to Use:

Cautions: Do not take if you have: Allergies to calcium or antacids High blood-calcium levels Sarcoidosis Consult your doctor if you have: Kidney disease Chronic constipation, colitis, diarrhea Stomach or intestinal bleeding Irregular heartbeat Heart problems or high blood pressure for which you are taking a calcium channel blocker

Over 55:

The likelihood of adverse reactions and side effects is greater Diarrhea or constipation are especially likely.

Pregnancy:

You may need extra calcium while pregnant. Speak with your physician about taking supplements. Do not take super doses.

Breastfeeding:

The drug dose pass into milk. Speak with your physician about taking supplements. DO not take super doses.

Storage:

Keep safely away from children

Do not keep in bathroom medicine cabinet. Heat and dampness may alter the action of the mineral.

Safe dosage:

It is advised that you consult with your physician for the proper dose for your condition

Others:

Do not take calcium within 1 or 2 hours of meals or ingestion of other medications, if possible.

It is not recommended that you take calcium carbonate derived from oyster shells.

Dolomite and bone meal are probably not safe sources of calcium because they contain lead.

Symptoms of Deficiency:

By Lillian Waugh

  HOT LINKS  

Check out the  Health Sites in the links below for more information on Herbs Vitamins, and minerals

Dedicated to alternative healing. Through body balance, health, nutrition & Fitness.

Live Well in todays world.

High quality nutritional and natural alternative, for you, your pet, or loved one.

You alone have the choice to live clean and  be free of medicines.  I made the choice that is all it takes.

http://www.lucaslifeforms.com

Health products high quality nutritional alternative, natural health products

                                    Visit Native Remedies for Proven, Effective and 100% Safe Herbal Remedies

 Native Remedies now has a new tool to not only help you or someone you love Stop Smoking, but also one to treat, control and soothe asthma symptoms and problems in yourself, a loved one, or friend! Find out more about our proven, effective and natural asthma remedies, BioVent and BronchoSoothe today!

3. Thought of the Day:

 " Grumbling is a certain sign of weakness. Change the condition "

WISH TO RECOMMEND THIS E-ZINE

You may forward this Newsletter to anyone you feel would like to receive it.

info@lucaslifeforms.com Would like your comment or input.

Dedicated to alternative healing. Through body balance, health, nutrition & Fitness

By Lillian Waugh.

Insuring you a healthy and vital tomorrow!

Interested in reading other issues? LiveingWell Health Newsletter's click on the link below.

http://www.lucaslifeforms.com/news.html

                                                                              LiveingWell Health Newsletters          

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: All information supplied is for personal information only, it should not replace

the Advice of your doctor or naturopath, always see your practitioner